Welcome to the Shoreham Community website which has been created to give the community a voice and to facilitate communication. It's a place to share ideas, information, skills, resources - a place to find out what's going on in the community - clubs, societies, special interest groups, events, anything that Shoreham residents and visitors might enjoy or find of interest.
It is an initiative of the Shoreham Community Association Inc. (SCA), managed by SCA volunteers with all cost burdens being met by SCA membership fees. We are keen to create an active and informed community. Find out how you can become a member here. Your support is important.
Scroll down the page for our contact details.
- The Howard Street Walking Track is an important direct linkage between the two halves of Shoreham.
- Following the success of our late November efforts, another Working Bee has been planned for the Howard Street walking track on Saturday, 24th March from 09.30am - 12.00pm.
- The intention is to continue to tidy up the track by clearing weeds, such as blackberry, and fallen vegetation.
Protecting the Buxton Open Air Chapel
- In great news for the community, Council voted unanimously on Tuesday, 13th February to rescind the sale of part of Buxton Reserve on which the Buxton Chapel sits. Instead it will acquire the small portion of the chapel in private hands instead.
- The next move will be to organise a "Friends" group to look after the site within Buxton Reserve. This is likely to include SCA members, members of the Flinders and District Historical Society, the Young family, former campers at Camp Buxton, neighbours and others. A public meeting will be called on Saturday, 14th April 2018 at 2:30PM to kick-start the "Friends" group.
The Common - We’re making The Common safer !
- The Common has been fully opened up - temporary fences protecting newly grassed areas were removed just in time for Christmas! The new layout proved a resounding success at the last "Under the Tree" function in January.
- In association with the Mornington Peninsula Shire, we’re striving to make our park safer for children and passive recreation. So…
No Driving or Parking on the Shoreham Village Common please !
The Shoreham Tennis Club area is not affected.
Please park on the Byrnes Road shoulder.
Thank you for respecting the new works and the wishes of our community.
This will also let our new plantings get going too!
Changes to Dog Access to Foreshore and Beaches
- The Shoreham Foreshore Committee has decided that dogs will be banned from the camping reserve from Sunday, 1st October.
- Dogs are allowed access to the beach from the Beach, Cliff and Seychelles Road tracks as well as from the Viewbank and Nelson Streets’ entrance tracks.
- From Sunday, 1st October 2017 to Sunday, 1st April 2018, dogs will be allowed on the beaches from 7:00PM to 9:00AM on a lead. They will be prohibited from 9:00AM to 7:00PM.
- Dog owners should note too that fox baits have recently been laid in the foreshore area.
SCA Project Updates
- For further information on the Placemaking and other projects - please visit the SCA Projects page.
- Recent State and Local government planning changes have become rather a hot topic with impacts possible on our Village Character and the Green Wedges. For the details, please click here.
Give us feedback, make suggestions, promote local events and activities, and share information about the local area.
Mail: The Secretary, Shoreham Community Association Inc., PO Box 73, Shoreham VIC 3916
Telephone: Alan Fisher, SCA President, Mobile: 0467 776 854 or Kathryn Shain, Secretary, Mobile: 0457 203 630
Website: To contribute to content or to give feedback on the website please contact the Website Administrator via email.