The purpose of the SCA is to:
- create and facilitate an informed and active community
- investigate concerns of community members and advocate in their interest about matters that may affect their well being or lifestyles
- identify and define the future character and essential services for Shoreham, including natural environment, through community consultation
- identify community needs, develop strategies, and facilitate actions to address these needs
- build on the unique character of Shoreham
- work with other Mornington Peninsula coastal communities to achieve the common needs of all coastal villages and their hinterland
- examine actions of authorities, organisations or companies in matters affecting residents
- investigate proposals by Local, State or Federal Governments affecting Shoreham
- build robust and respectful relationships with the Mornington Peninsula Shire - both officers and councillors - as well as State and Federal Members of Parliament and government departments and authorities.
You can also download a complete copy of the SCA Rules which include these objectives.