Welcome to the Shoreham Community website which has been created to give the community a voice and to facilitate communication. It's a place to share ideas, information, skills, resources - a place to find out what's going on in the community - clubs, societies, special interest groups, events, anything that Shoreham residents and visitors might enjoy or find of interest.
It is an initiative of the Shoreham Community Association Inc. (SCA), managed by SCA volunteers with all cost burdens being met by SCA membership fees. We are keen to create an active and informed community. Find out how you can become a member here. Your support is important.
Scroll down the page for our contact details.
Howard Street Walking Track Working Bees
- The Howard Street Walking Track is an important, direct linkage between the two halves of Shoreham.
- Following the successes of our late November and March efforts, the next Working Bees is planned for the Howard Street walking track on Saturday, 23rd June - from 09.30am - 12.00pm.
- The intention is to continue to tidy up the track by clearing weeds, such as blackberry, and fallen vegetation.
- Please see our Calendar for further details.
Protecting the Buxton Open Air Chapel
- In great news for the community, Council voted unanimously on Tuesday, 13th February to rescind the sale of part of Buxton Reserve on which the Buxton Chapel, dedicated to Cyril and Ivan Young sits. Instead, it will acquire the small portion of the chapel in private hands.
- At a public meeting held on 14th April, it was resolved that a ‘Friends’ of the Cyril Young Memorial Chapel group be formed. A Working Group has since been assembled to further that aim.
- The first meeting of the Working Group was conducted on Saturday, 12th May. Excellent progress is being made. There was good representation from the Young family, the YMCA, the SCA and the broader community and general agreement on general aims and directions. The Historical Society could not be represented but there have already been exchanges of information between the Society and the other parties. Two of the local residents were former campers at Camp Buxton.
The Common - We’re making The Common safer - and much greener!
The COMMUNITY PLANTING DAY on the Common on Saturday, 21st April 2018 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM was a great success with a second community working bee completing plantings along the new track adjacent the eastern boundary.
- In association with the Mornington Peninsula Shire, we’re striving to make our park safer for children and passive recreation. So…
No Driving or Parking on the Shoreham Village Common please !
The Shoreham Tennis Club area is not affected.
Please park on the Byrnes Road shoulder.
Thank you for respecting the new works and the wishes of our community.
This will also let our new plantings get going too!
SCA Project Updates
- For further information on the Placemaking and other projects - please visit the SCA Projects page.
- Recent State and Local government planning changes have become rather a hot topic with impacts possible on our Village Character and the Green Wedges. For the details, please click here.
Give us feedback, make suggestions, promote local events and activities, and share information about the local area.
Mail: The Secretary, Shoreham Community Association Inc., PO Box 73, Shoreham VIC 3916
Telephone: Alan Fisher, SCA President, Mobile: 0467 776 854 or Kathryn Shain, Secretary, Mobile: 0457 203 630
Website: To contribute to content or to give feedback on the website please contact the Website Administrator via email.